Blanchardstown Shopping Centre Blanchardstown, Dublin
We were appointed late in the design process so concept and detail design programmes were tight. We fine-tuned our processes, outputs and resources to meet these deadlines without compromising design. To meet the client brief we played with colour temperatures to ensure the daylit areas were lit with cooler light while warmer colour temperature was used to create a warm feel in the timber batten “non daylit” areas. Transition areas were introduced with Barrisol ceilings and feature “wow” areas were created, using clusters of linear fittings to create interest in the double height spaces.
As part our process we were appointed to provide;
- Detailed Lighting evaluation of shopping centre before development.
- Concept document and client presentation to articulate the concept.
- Detailed design and lighting modelling for entire shopping centre.
- Mock-up for Barrisol, Totems and advertising hoardings.
- Attendance at design team, client and construction team meetings.
- Supply of all lighting throughout the shopping centre.
- Management of lighting costs to ensure in line with budget.
- Snagging, lighting evaluation and sign off. Lighting setout drawings.
- Design and install details co-ordinated to simplify install for contractor. Particularly important as many existing services remained in place.
This is a current project. A number of areas have been successfully completed and handed over. We are working to handover the remaining phases over Q1 and Q2 2021.
For areas that are complete;
- The “Feel” of shopping centre has improved significantly through lighting.
- Successful design and creation of bespoke elements to meet design intent.
- Lighting designed and supplied to meet the challenging programme.