Carton House Estate Kildare
We produced concept design, detailed design, construction overview, snagging and supply for façade and site lighting design of entire Carton House grounds.
We highlighted key resort facades and features, building anticipation and creating a “wow” experience for the new guest on arrival at the main house. We had to work within site conservation constraints, reuse existing cable routes where we could and produce design within a budget.
As part of the design the site was split into separate mini-projects and a “shopping list” budget prepared to enable the client to prioritise the spend.
As part our process we were appointed to provide;
- Detailed survey of site, analysing key features to light, locations to conceal lighting and opportunities to use existing infrastructure.
- Master planning Concept document and presentation to client.
- Supply of all external façade and site lighting.
- Mocking up of lighting on site to test and detail best lighting solution.
- Detailed drawings showing lighting and lighting set out.
- Attendance at design team, client and construction team meetings.
- Management of lighting costs to ensure in line with budget.
- Snagging, and commissioning including aiming and scene setting of lighting.
- Contractor liaison and management of final installation details.
This is a current project. Concept and detailed design are complete. All lighting supplied, and installation 80% complete. We are working to snagging completion and sign off for Q2 2021.